Education Reimbursement assistance is applicable for all Merchant Navy Officers’ who are not below the age of 18 years and who have not actually retired from service, employed in Indian Shipping Companies and on INSA-MUI Terms of agreement are the beneficiaries of the Fund & Scheme. Subject to the Contribution received by the Shipping Company on behalf of the sailing Officer. Education Reimbursement is applicable to such Officers Kids (2 Kids) pursing their Professional Courses. (i.e. B.Tech /M.Tech/ C.A., etc, for more details kindly contact our office) Reimbursement will only be given once for one course. (i.e. If you claim for your Childs B.Tech education reimbursement, you cannot claim if he applies for further studies if he pursues M.Tech or M.B.A.)
Instruction to followed for Educational Reimbursement:
- Fill Declaration form for the first time Claiming for Education Reimbursement.
- Certificate stating you are employed on INSA-MUI Terms of Agreement and the date of your employment with the company preferably with supporting evidence of Officers are requested to submit photo copy of relevant page of CDC of last Vessel sign off while filling of Claim Forms.
- From the college authorities, a declaration giving (1) full name of the course / degree to be given for which your son/daughter is studying (2) the academic year of which reimbursement is requested (3) the university to which college is affiliated. (Original Bonafied Certificate).
- In case of provisional admission, the proof of final admission to be submitted.
- You are requested to submit the original fees receipt from the institute as the same are essential for audit purpose and reimbursement.
- Amount written in the Claim form must be supported by separate receipts, vouchers, cash memos must be attached along with claim form.
- Officer's children up to the age of 25 years are entitled for the Education reimbursement benefits, subject to the condition that they are unmarried, unemployed and are solely dependent on Officer.
- The maximum amount per claim per annum will be Rs. 25,000/- and will paid for one professional course only (4 Years).
- Claim should be submitted immediately after clearing first year and so on. Any delay in submission of claim would result in claim being time barred and will not be payable.
- The application for reimbursement will be further processed when the above requirement are met.
- Reimbursement of education expenses will be made by NEFT/RTGS only. Please ensure to submit correct details of your Bank Account.
- All correspondence related to Education Claims should be send directly to The Merchant Navy Officers' Welfare Fund", Udyog Bhavan, 4' Floor, 29 Walchand Hirachand Marg, Ballard Estate, Mumbai - 400 001.